Freight Research at University Transportation Centers: Integrating Efforts
October 20, 2009
Long Beach, California
The final summary of this workshop is now available.
- Welcome and Overview, Genevieve Guiliano, METRANS
- Opening Remarks, Jason Bittner, CFIRE
- Update: Mid-America Transportation Center, Larry Rilett
- Update: Intelligent Transportation Systems Institute, Chen-Fu Liao
- Update: Intermodal Freight Transportation Institute, Martin Lipinski
- Update: Great Lakes Maritime Research Institute, Richard Stewart
- Update: National Center for Freight & Infrastructure Research & Education, Jason Bittner
The National Center for Freight and Infrastructure Research and Education (CFIRE) and the METRANS Transportation Center are hosting the second national workshop on Freight Research at University Transportation Centers on October 20, 2009.
This national workshop and forum will bring together national leaders from the freight transportation community and from educational institutions to:
- Explore opportunities for collaborative research in freight
- Identify colleagues and contacts for continued cooperation
- Define existing barriers and challenges for freight research and information dissemination
- Explore institutional arrangements that will be needed to meet the research and training needs of the future
Sponsored by the Mid-America Freight Coalition, METRANS, and CFIRE.
This workshop was held immediately prior to the 3rd National Urban Freight Conference to be held October 21-23, 2009. For more information visit on the NUFC visit www.metrans.org.