Dr. Teresa Adams
University of Wisconsin-Madison
2205 Engineering Hall
1415 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706
(608) 263 3175
The scope of work includes providing services to analyze and report performance and outcome data on signs, pavement, shoulders, roadsides, drainage, and traffic.The work plan is patterned after previous years’ efforts with the following particular emphases for advancing the Compass Progam.
Periodic meetings with Compass Program Manager to asses and redesign the various component reports QA analysis will be conducted for the Compass 2006 field review
The 2006 work plan includes efforts to develop a new approach to pavement analysis to track biennial expenditures and backlog. The Compass Report includes data on maintenance expenditure. This 2006 work plan includes efforts to adjust costs so that expenditures can be compared and trends can be clearly shown.
This 2006 work plan includes efforts to evaluate the relationships between expenditures and maintenance condition, so these relationships can be used to determine annual maintenance targets.
Past efforts on developing data analysis and reporting created reports on performance and outcomes on signs, pavement, shoulders, roadsides, drainage, traffic and bridges. In the 2005 Compass report, measures for bridge inspection and maintenance were added and historic data was transformed from District to Region levels. In addition, as part of the work order, subsequent analysis of pavement data revealed distinct biennial trends associated with biennial inspection cycles and this result will influence Compass pavement reporting in 2006.
The primary project deliverable for the Compass 2006 work order included data reduction and preparation of data tables and figures to be included in two reports:
- Compass Wisconsin State Highway 2006 Maintenance, Traffic, and Operations Conditions Executive Overview Report and;
- Compass Wisconsin State Highway 2006 Maintenance, Traffic, and Operations Conditions Operational Report on:
- Shoulders, roadsides, drainage, traffic features (field review data)
- Signs (SIMS database)
- Pavement (pavement van data)
- Bridges (BOS highway structures inventory (HIS) data)
- Project Kick-off
- Draft Compass 2006 Report on Winter
- Draft Compass 2006 Report on Signs
- Compass 2006 Field Review Report
- QA Analysis
- Compass 2006 Report on Bridges
- Compass 2006 Report on Pavement
- Assemble Compass 2006 Executive Overview and Operational Reports
- Analysis of Cost Effectiveness
- Milestones, Dates: 12 months; October 1, 2006 — October 1, 2007; Extended to: December 31, 2007
- Budget: $83,725
- Student Involvement: One graduate student and one research student
- Modal Orientation: Highway
- Project ID: 08-01